This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Garlic Sesame Edamame & Tofu (Erewhon Copycat Recipe)
- 8 oz high protein tofu
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame fresh or frozen
Garlic Sesame Marinade
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 scallion sliced diagonally
- Preheat the oven to 400F while you prepare your tofu.
- Slice tofu into 1-inch cubes (or bite sized cubes of choice) and lightly pat away excess moisture with a paper towel or kitchen linen. Transfer to a shallow but wide bowl and set aside.
- Whisk warm water and cornstarch to create a slurry then whisk in all remaining sauce ingredients until smooth. Pour this over the tofu, letting sit for 10 minutes. Shake occasionally to make sure all the tofu is marinated.
- Transfer tofu cubes to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Pour all remaining marinade into a shallow pan on low heat, stirring until the glaze slightly thickens. Add the tofu cubes and edamame to the pan and toss to coat, ensuring edamame is warm through (if using frozen)
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds and enjoy hot or cold.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.