Korean Mung Bean Pancakes with tofu, veggies and mung bean flour are a crispy gluten-free and vegan snack with a soy-based dipping sauce.
- 1 cup dried mung beans
- 1/4 cup sweet rice (glutinous rice)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cabbage or carrots
- 4–5 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 5 green onions
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse your mung beans and rice in cool water 2-3 times and drain. Cover with filtered water and let soak overnight. Drain and set aside.
- Add your drained beans and rice to a blender with 3/4 cups filtered water and salt, and blend until completely smooth. Pour into your large mixing bowl.
- Add your veggies into your mung bean batter and mix well.
- Now, to make your pancakes, heat neutral oil in a large pan over medium heat. Be generous and make sure the pan is evenly coated. Add about 1/2 cup batter to the pan and use the back of a spoon to spread into a nice circular shape. Make sure the height of the pancake is not too thick, and let cook for 2-3 minutes on medium low heat until golden brown on the surface. Flip and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with your dipping sauce and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: main dishes
- Method: frying
- Cuisine: Korean