Delicious shortbread-like cookies with cranberry and orange zest and a glittery sugar coating. Vegan, gluten free and oil free.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp orange juice, optional
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh orange zest, more to taste
- organic cane sugar to coat, optional
- 1/4 tsp orange extract or more to taste, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. If adding orange juice or orange extract, add it to the mix too. Whisk until smooth.
- Add almond flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl and mix with a spatula until a dough forms. Finally, fold in cranberries and orange zest.
- Option 1. Grab a piece of parchment paper and roll dough into a log shape. Think pillsbury cut and bake style log. Roll and twist ends to secure, then pop into the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes to firm up. Remove from fridge or freezer and slice into 1/4″ thick slices.
- Option 2. Using a cookie scoop, form balls of dough and gently press down into cookie shapes.
- If desired, coat cookie dough in organic cane sugar then place onto the baking mat.
- Bake cookies for about 12 minutes, until edges are golden brown and remove from the oven to let fully cool.