This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
a colourful thanksgiving veggie roast!
The leaves are falling, the weather is chillier–it’s the season for Thanksgiving Veggie Roast. This is a delicious, fall and Thanksgiving inspired veggie dish that is easy to make, and so nourishing! It’s vibrant, colourful and looks great on the Thanksgiving table. I love making this dish because it includes all of my favourite fall veggies, and produce typically used to make Thanksgiving sides. You could even call it a Thanksgiving Salad… no really, I considered that as a name for this dish.
Although many Thanksgiving dishes tend to be on the heavier side, this dish is simply veggies, no oil required. I’m a big fan of enjoying all the classic holiday dishes during Thanksgiving season, but I also love getting my veggies in and let me tell you, this flavourful roast will complement all the other dishes on the table.
- This Thanksgiving Veggie Roast is vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free and oil free. It’s a sheet pan recipe, and requires barely any effort!
- If you’re missing any veggies listed in the recipe, or have preferred produce options, feel free to sub them out. I’ll list some suggestions in the comments below as well!
secrets to success
This recipe is best made using a silicone baking mat, or parchment paper. It’s a great way to bake non-stick, especially if baking oil free. If you’d like to use oil, you’re certainly welcome to!
I recommend enjoying this Thanksgiving Veggie Roast soon after baking. It’s best enjoyed right out of the oven, so you can even prep your veggies in advance (chopped and seasoned) and pop into the oven right before you’re ready to eat.
if you like this recipe, try…
- My Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup! (a compilation of vegan, gluten-free and oil-free recipes).
- Pumpkin Pie
- Garlic Cauliflower Mash
- Vegan Carbonara with Herbed Mushrooms
And stay tuned for more Thanksgiving friendly recipes coming your way!
If you try this recipe out, tag me on Instagram @veggiekins so I can see your delicious re-creations and for a chance to be featured! As always, I love when you share your reviews in the comments below, and if you make any fun substitutions, let me know how it worked out below too!
Thanksgiving Veggie Roast (oil-free + vegan)
- 3 small sweet potatoes roughly 2-3 cups cubed
- 2-3 cups brussel sprouts halved
- 3 cups button mushrooms halved
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4-5 sage leaves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
other suggested veggies:
- green beans
- white potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 350F while you prepare your veggies.
- Chop veggies so they're roughly equal in size, and prep herbs by tearing into small pieces, or chiffonade-ing (slicing thinly). Toss veggies and herbs in a bowl with seasonings until evenly coated. Add balsamic vinegar to taste and toss to coat.
- Transfer veggies onto a baking mat lined tray and roast for roughly 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway. Test to see whether veggies are cooked through by poking with a fork.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
This post may contain affiliate links.