A healthy, whole food plant based watermelon sorbet that requires NO churning! Made from 3 simple ingredients, this delicious raw vegan treat will keep you cool all summer long.
- 6 cups watermelon, cubed and frozen
- 1.5 cups banana, sliced and frozen*
- 1/2 a lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Slice and freeze fruit (excluding lime) to prep. Cutting into smaller chunks will make blending easier.
- In a high power blender, add frozen watermelon and banana and juice of half a lime. Blend, using the tamper to help break down the chunks. Do not add additional liquid. You should achieve a smooth texture, no chunks (refer to video coming soon for reference!).
- Transfer your mixture to into a freezer safe container. Tupperware, or cake pan will work.
- Freeze overnight or for about 3-4 hours, until solid.
- Allow to thaw for a few minutes before serving, and enjoy.
More delicious add-in suggestions: mint, basil, ginger, other fruit of choice!
If you prefer a creamier texture and don’t mind a banana flavour, you can add more banana.
- Category: desserts
Keywords: watermelon, raw vegan, healthy dessert, watermelon sorbet, healthy watermelon sorbet, summer dessert, vegan, fruitarian, whole food plant based, healthy ice cream