Vegan Pineapple Coconut Smoothie (No Banana)
Make a pineapple coconut smoothie with turmeric, ginger, and coconut milk for a healthy, vegan smoothie that makes you feel like you’re on a beach vacation! This dairy-free, gluten-free, vitamin-packed smoothie is delicious and nutritious!
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen coconut milk cubes*
- 1/2-1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2-1 tsp ground turmeric
- pinch black pepper to enhance turmeric absorption
- 1 serving unflavoured plant protein optional
- additional plant milk or coconut water to blend
*To prepare your frozen coconut milk cubes, simply shake up a can of full-fat coconut milk, pour it into an ice tray of choice, and freeze until solid.
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth, adjusting plant milk to achieve desired texture. Enjoy immediately.
Secrets to Success
- Variations: The best thing about smoothies is that you can play around with ingredients to customize them to your tastes, preferences, and dietary needs. Need more sweetener? Add some maple syrup! Want a creamier version? Add some vegan vanilla yogurt! More fruit? Try mangoes! Need some greens? Throw in a handful of spinach or kale. There are endless options!
- Texture: For a thicker texture, don’t use additional plant milk or coconut water. If the smoothie is still too thin, add more fruit. For a thinner texture, add additional liquid until your desired consistency is reached.
- I recommend enjoying the smoothie immediately. However, you can prepare and store the coconut milk ice cubes and frozen fruit ahead of time, so it’s easy to grab and make in a pinch!