Virgin Mango Passion Fruit Margarita Mocktail Recipe
A tropical twist on a classic margarita without the alcohol! This delicious margarita mocktail recipe features fresh mango and lime juices, non-alcoholic tequila, passion fruit, and agave nectar with a chamoy and tajin rim. Sweet, salty, spicy, and delicious!
Servings: 2 people
- 1-2 oz lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 oz mango juice
- 3 oz non-alcoholic tequila alternative optional
- agave to taste
- 1 passionfruit small
- chamoy as needed
- tajin as needed
- 1/2 fresh, ripe mango sliced into spears
Start by preparing the glasses. Use a large, flat plate and spread tajin evenly on the plate. Coat the rim of the glass in chamoy, then generously coat the rim with tajin. Pop the glasses into the freezer to chill, until ready to serve.
In a cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice along with lime juice, mango juice, non-alcoholic tequila (if using) and agave (if using). Shake vigorously for about a minute.
To serve, cut the passionfruit in half and divide the flesh and seeds between the glasses. Add a generous amount of crushed ice to each glass, place a mango spear in each and then strain and pour the shaken mixture into each glass. Enjoy immediately.
- Salted Rim: This recipe has you dip your glass in chamoy and tajin, but you can also achieve a salt rim with a lime wedge and kosher salt or coarse salt (often sold as margarita salt). Choose your favorite method based on flavor preferences.
- Tequila: The tequila alternative is completely optional. It does help give the drink classic margarita flavors. However, it’s still a delicious drink without it.
- Cocktail: If you do want to turn this alcohol-free margarita into a boozy drink, feel free to add 3-4 ounces of your favorite Blanco tequila. This recipe makes 2 beautiful drinks :)
- Club Soda: To add a sparkling element to this drink, feel free to top it off with club soda, seltzer water, tonic water, or your favorite bubbly water of choice.