- 8 tbsp vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tbsp aquafaba (brine from can of chickpeas)
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
- pinch of salt
- In a bowl, whip room temp butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Whip the aquafaba with a small whisk vigorously until nice and foamy and add to the bowl along with vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add lemon zest, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl and gently fold to combine.
- Next use your hands to crush frozen raspberries into small pieces and add to the bowl. Stir again to incorporate then transfer the dough to the fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough onto the baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie dough ball. Bake for 12-13 minutes, until edges are golden brown. If the cookies have spread organically, immediately use a cup or a ring mold to gently re-shape the baked cookies into more of a circle. Let cool and enjoy.
Original recipe by The Fit Peach, adapted and made both vegan and gluten free with adjustments made to measurements and baking method (as necessary).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
Keywords: raspberry lemon cookies, lemon cookies, vegan gluten free cookie, vegan raspberry cookie, raspberry lemonade cookie, gluten free raspberry cookie, gluten free lemon cookie