Make refreshing and creamy chilled soybean soup made with pine nuts, soy beans and sesame seeds for a refreshing meal or snack.
- 1/3 cup soy beans
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1–2 tsp salt
- 1 persian cucumber, julienned
- 2 servings gluten free noodles of choice
- handful ice cubes
- Start by soaking your soybeans in filtered water overnight, or for at least 1-2 hours to help them soften.
- Transfer the soybeans and soaking water into a pot and bring the water to a rolling boil. Boil for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and let sit until the water cools down to room temperature.
- Add pine nuts and sesame seeds to a dry pan over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes, regularly shaking the pan to toast. Once lightly golden brown, remove from heat.
- Add your pine nuts, sesame seeds and strained soybeans into a high speed blender along with 3 cups filtered water and salt. Blend on high and pass through a strainer to remove any pulp. Refrigerate mixture until ready to serve.
- To serve, cook gluten free noodles according to package directions and divide into two bowls. Pour chilled broth over the noodles, adding 2-3 ice cubes if desired and top with fresh cucumber. Add salt to taste, and enjoy with any additional sides and toppings.