These soft and chewy butternut squash snickerdoodle cookies are a gluten free and vegan holiday dessert everyone loves!
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup*
- 1/2 cup butternut squash purée
- 2–3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
Sugar spice mix
- 3 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together cashew butter, maple syrup, squash puree and your vanilla extract or powder until smooth.
- Sift in cinnamon, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt and oat flour.
- Using a spatula, mix until well combined, the dough should pull apart from the sides of the bowl but still be quite moist. Next add in your remaining 1/4 cup almond flour and mix again until a dough forms.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cane sugar and cinnamon. Roll your dough into golf ball sized balls, toss in your sugar spice mixture to coat and press down onto a lined baking sheet, leaving about an inch between each cookie (they will rise slightly in the oven).
- Bake for about 9 minutes, and remove from the oven to cool. They should be firm on top, and golden on the bottom, easy to remove from the tray. If they seem soft, don’t worry as they will harden more as they continue to cook while they cool. If you prefer a firmer cookie, bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.