Crispy garlic scape fries are a healthy baked snack with fresh garlic scapes and gluten-free bread crumbs perfect for dunking.
- 5–6 garlic scapes
- neutral oil/spray oil or 2 tbsp tahini + 1-2 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs, or finely crushed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of salt
- If baking, preheat your oven to 375F degrees and line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper.
- Quarter your garlic scapes to cut into “fry” shapes.
- Prepare your breadcrumb batter by mixing together breadcrumbs and spices.
- Toss garlic scapes with a touch of oil to coat, or tahini with warm water to thin. Transfer your coated scape fries into your breadcrumb mixture. You can gently press the breading to make sure it sticks.
- Transfer to your baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flipping scapes or turning the tray halfway through until golden brown. If airfrying, fry at 370F for 7-8 minutes.