Make a healthy and refreshing Cantaloupe Granita with Lime and Mint for a fruity dessert or drink all summer long.
- a medium sized cantaloupe, roughly 4-5 cups diced (the riper the better)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, more to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- fresh mint leaves
- lime zest
- Line a 8×8 baking tray or a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add cantaloupe chunks, maple syrup and lime juice to a food processor or high speed blender. Blend until completely smooth. Next add mint leaves and pulse to blend (leave mint leaves as chunky as you’d like). Taste your mixture and adjust sweetness to taste.
- Pour the mixture into your lined pan and pop into the freezer for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, start to scrape into the mixture using a fork to create a nice fluffy ice. Enjoy immediately!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours (to freeze)
- Category: desserts
- Method: blending, freezing
Keywords: cantaloupe, granita, melon, dessert, cantaloupe granita