Quick and easy Vegan Cacio E Pepe, no blender required! This easy 8 ingredient recipe is a must try with your favourite pasta.
- 8oz pasta of choice (I used gluten free)
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, reserved
- 3 tbsp creamy cashew butter (no added ingredients)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp white miso paste
- juice of half a lemon
- salt to taste
- 1–2 tsp freshly cracked black peppercorns
- grated vegan parmesan
- Prepare your pasta al dente according to package directions. Reserve a 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water, drain pasta and set aside.
- In the same pot, or a small bowl, whisk together cashew paste, nutritional yeast, miso paste and lemon juice. Add 1/4 cup of water and whisk until completely smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return pasta to the pot and fold in the sauce until coated. If desired, add additional pasta water to help to coat. Serve with optional vegan parmesan to top and more pepper to taste.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main dishes
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, italian, one pot, 15 minute meals, weeknight meals, dinner, gluten free, high protein, oil free, wfpb, vegan