Crispy, cheezy Garlic Parm Broccoli Bites! This quick snack or side is vegan, gluten free, nut free and can be made oil free.
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into bite sized florets
- 1–2 tbsp neutral oil, or see notes below for oil-free option
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- vegan parmesan to garnish
- Toss broccoli in neutral oil to coat. If baking in the oven, preheat oven to 400F.
- In another bowl, mix together minced garlic, nutritional yeast, gluten free breadcrumbs, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add this mixture to the broccoli bowl and toss to coat. Place broccoli florets on a parchment lined baking tray or into the airfryer.
- To bake, bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through. To airfry, cook for 8-10 minutes at 400F.
- When ready to serve, garnish with a generous amount of vegan shredded parmesan or nut-based parmesan, ketchup and fresh lemon if desired.
For an oil free alternative, follow the method used in this recipe to dredge the broccoli in gluten free flour, plant based milk and then the breading.