Old Fashioned Iced Oatmeal cookies but with a gingerbread twist, and made vegan, gluten free and oil free!
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Add rolled oats to a food processor and pulse until broken down. Make sure not to break down too much, as you will want a good amount of texture.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together almond butter, coconut sugar, molasses and vanilla extract.
- Add puled oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix to combine until a dough forms. Add plant milk as needed by the tablespoon.
- Using a cookie scoop, form balls of dough and gently press down into cookie shapes, making sure the surface texture is fairly rough. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Prepare icing by mixing powdered sugar with 1-2 tsp of plant milk in a large, shallow bowl. Start with less, and mix until a thick, but runny icing forms, adding more plant milk as needed.
- Once cookies are cool, gently dip the tops of cookies top down into the icing and quickly pull away. Place cookies on a cooling rack and let icing set. If the room temperature is warm or you’re baking these in the summertime, you can also pop them into the fridge to speed up the setting.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
Keywords: desserts, cookies, christmas, gluten free, oil free, vegan, gingerbread