A delicious swirl of strawberry, matcha and vanilla sugar cookie all in one! Vegan, gluten free and oil free.
- 3/4 cup creamy unsalted cashew butter
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ceremonial grade matcha powder
- 1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries, processed into a fine powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Begin by whisking together cashew butter, applesauce, maple syrup, cane sugar and vanilla.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts, each in a small bowl. To one bowl, sift in matcha powder, and mix again until smooth. In another bowl, add strawberry dust to taste and mix until smooth. Leave the last portion of dough as is.
- To assemble, take about 1 tablespoon of dough from each bowl and roll together into a ball. Gently press down onto the baking mat. The cookies won’t spread too much, so do press them down into more of a cookie shape.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until edges are golden brown, keeping in mind the cookies will firm up as they cool.
Keywords: desserts, cookies, christmas, gluten free, oil free, vegan, matcha