A vegan and gluten free take on a classic NYC cookie–this Single Serve Vegan Levain Style Cookie will knock your socks off!
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips (more to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350F while you prepare your cookie dough.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut sugar, almond butter, apple sauce and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift oat flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt into the wet ingredients and fold in with a spatula until a dough forms. Dough should be on the stickier side but still hold together.
- Fold in chocolate chips, using a heavy hand and measuring with your heart (seriously, the more the merrier).
- Shape your dough into a large, tall cookie. Think a regular cookie but with extra height, and place on a lined baking tray. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, keeping in mind the cookie will continue to bake while cooking.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free, soup, desserts, cookies, holiday, christmas