The perfect balance of Matcha, dark chocolate and nutty flavour–these Matcha Dusted Chocolate Almonds are vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
- Begin by melting down your chocolate, using a microwave method or bain marie method. If microwaving, heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between and continuing until chocolate is melted down and smooth.
- Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper, or a nonstick baking mat before coating your almonds.
- Add your almonds into the melted chocolate and coat each almond completely. Using 2 forks, carefully lift an almond out, allowing excess to drip off, and place onto parchment paper or nonstick baking mat. Do space out almonds so they don’t stick together. Repeat until all almonds are on the parchment paper.
- Transfer to the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill and harden completely, then prepare to dust with matcha. I found the best way to do this is to use a powdered sugar duster or sifter and to sift over the parchment paper. Then, peel corners of the parchment paper towards the center to gently lift off the almonds and toss to coat completely. Alternatively, transfer into a bowl with a lid, and toss with matcha powder.
- To make these oil free, be sure to use an oil-free dark chocolate.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: desserts, snacks
- Method: microwaving, melting
Keywords: matcha, green tea, almonds, dessert, refined sugar free, microwave, 3 ingredient, oil free, wfpb, vegan, gluten free, japanese