A beautifully green breakfast pancake with hidden veggies–these Matcha Spinach Pancakes are a vibrant way to start the day.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk + more as needed
- 1 tbsp ceremonial grade matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- vanilla non-dairy yogurt
- fresh berries
- maple syrup to taste
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender (I recommend packing the spinach in first and sifting your matcha to avoid clumps) and blend until smooth. Try not to overblend! The batter should be spoonable, and you can add almond milk in 2 tbsp increments as needed over time. The batter will firm up a little bit as the oats absorb the liquid.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, oil if not nonstick and pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Smooth with the back of a spoon to spread and flip when small bubbles appear on the surface. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat until no more batter remains.
Keywords: matcha, pancakes, breakfast, blender, wfpb, gluten free, refined sugar free, wfpbno