This page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Must Try Strawberry Salsa
It is currently 11:28PM here in Amsterdam, but I wanted to share this Strawberry Salsa recipe with you before ending the day. Luckily, it’s a quick and easy recipe, that takes 10 minutes or less (depending on how quick your knife skills are) and only calls for a handful of ingredients.
To make this Strawberry Salsa, you simply chop and toss your ingredients into a bowl. Mo (my partner) will typically make this salsa with a little bit of blending involved but alas, we have no blender here in this Amsterdam Airbnb. So, I left it chunky, to serve with Taquitos that we enjoyed for lunch yesterday, but I do recommend chopping everything a little more finely for even distribution of all the flavours in every bite. Mostly, I left it chunky for the photos–so you could see what was in this gorgeous salsa!
Look, I know some of you read Strawberry Salsa and thought, “W H A T?”. Trust me when I say this combination is a level up because it adds just a touch of sweetness, some tanginess, tartness and an element of surprise. If strawberries aren’t in season, not to worry! You can substitute with a few other fruits as well.
So what’s in this Strawberry Salsa?
- Strawberries! Of course! But you can also use fruits like peaches, nectarines, mango and pineapple. We’re not adding too much, so don’t worry, it won’t overpower the salsa. Remember, raw onions are pretty powerful 😉
- Red onion
- Fresh lime
- Jalapeño pepper
- Salt + pepper
- Cilantro to garnish
Secrets to success
I say this all too often, but adjust this recipe to taste. Everyone takes their salsa a little differently, so if you like more onion, add more onion. This is YOUR salsa, so make sure you’re tasting as you go! Feel free to add any additional ingredients, make substitutions–do your thing.
If you like this recipe, try…
- Mushroom Shii-Tacos
- Sweet Potato Sofritas (Spicy)
- Black Bean & Mushroom Taquitos
- Sweet Potato & Cassava Tortillas
- Baked Avocado Fries
If you try this recipe out, tag me on Instagram @veggiekins so I can see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I love when you share your reviews in the comments below, and if you make any fun substitutions, let me know how it worked out below too.
Strawberry Salsa (vegan, gluten free, keto, paleo)
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped (I used mini tomatoes)
- small handful strawberries diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 small jalapeno pepper diced (remove seeds if you like)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro optional
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, strawberries, onion, jalapeno and cilantro if using. Squeeze juice of half a lime into the bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and let sit for 30 minutes before enjoying. Typically we will let sit in the fridge so the flavours can meld.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.