A delicious, candy bar inspired, healthy Almond Joy Smoothie Bowl. Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and easy to make!
- 1 1/2 ripe, frozen banana, or 1 cup frozen chopped zucchini
- a serving chocolate plant protein powder (I like this brand)
- 1 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (you can omit if your protein is chocolate-y enough, or use 2 tbsp if not using chocolate protein powder)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk, more as needed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (more to taste)
- handful ice cubes, or frozen coconut milk cubes (optional)
- melted dark chocolate drizzle
- toasted sliced almonds
- toasted coconut flakes
- light sprinkle of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a high power blender, and using a tamper, blend until smooth. Add additional coconut milk as desired, to adjust texture or to help it blend.
- Serve, and top with ingredients of choice.
Keywords: chocolate, breakfast, smoothie, refined sugar free, gluten free, blender