A garlicky Green Bean and Almond Gremolata Pasta with fresh herbs and citrus zing. Vegan and gluten free.
- 1 serving gluten free pasta of choice
- 1/2 lb green beans, roughly chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- splash of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds (hazelnuts are also delicious)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch dried chili flakes
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- Start by preparing your pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water. Meanwhile, let’s prepare our gremolata.
- First, dry toast almonds on a pan over medium heat, stirring constantly so as not to burn. Toast until lightly golden brown, just to add crunch, and unlock more flavour. Roughly chop almonds and add to a bowl with parsley, garlic and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add a splash of olive oil, minced garlic and minced shallot and dried chili flakes if using. Sauté until fragrant, and garlic is soft, about 2-3 minutes, then add green beans and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add lemon juice and cooked pasta to the pan, then reduce heat to low. If necessary, add pasta water by the tablespoon to help coat pasta.
- At this point, you can add your gremolata mix, or reserve to top pasta after cooking. I personally prefer to toss all ingredients into the pan and heat lightly. Once pasta is coated, season with salt and pepper, serve with a garnish of vegan parmesan if using, and gremolata to top if you chose not to heat it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: main dishes, pasta
- Method: sautéing
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, pasta, summer, main dishes, dinner, lunch, weeknight