Delicious Vegan Ricotta Zucchini Ravioli that you MUST try! High in protein, easy to make and packed with flavour. Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and oil free.
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- fresh basil to garnish
- 15 oz firm tofu, excess water removed
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (more to taste)
Brazil nut parmesan
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts, lightly dry toasted on a pan for a few minutes (or sub roasted cashew, almond, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 425F while you prepare your ingredients. At this point you may also remove excess water from your firm tofu using a tofu press, or wrapping in paper towel and pressing with a heavy object (like another pan).
- Using a peeler, make long zucchini ribbons with your zucchini. Set strips aside (on a paper towel if you find them to be too wet)
- Next, prepare your brazil nut parm. In a food processor or blender, pulse all ingredients to form an even crumb. Careful not to blend too much, otherwise ingredients will turn into a butter. Set aside.
- Now prepare tofu ricotta by adding all ingredients to a blender or food processor, excluding tofu. Give the mixture a rough pulse, just to help garlic break down slightly before adding tofu. Pulse again until evenly combined, and a ricotta-like texture forms. Should be slightly chunky, not all the way smooth.
- Next, take an oven safe baking dish and pour in marinara sauce, spreading to cover the surface if necessary.
- Finally, we’re ready to fold our ravioli. Take 2 zucchini ribbons and overlap them slightly, lengthwise. Take another 2 zucchini ribbons and repeat. Create an X shape, and dollop 1-2 tbsp of your ricotta mixture where the ribbons meet. Fold your bottom zucchini ribbons over, like you’re wrapping a present, then fold the other 2 ribbons. Place ravioli seam side down into the marinara. Continue until ricotta or zucchini are used up.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of brazil parmesan on top of ravioli and sauce, then bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Tops of zucchini should be lightly golden, zucchini should be gently cooked and marinara should be bubbling. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy.
Keywords: zucchini, pasta, vegan cheese, nut free, oil free, vegan, gluten free