A delicious, vegan take on a classic Chopped Italian Salad with a creamy, oil free dressing. Gluten free, refined sugar free and oil free.
- 1–2 hearts of romaine, shredded
- handful radicchio, shredded
- ½–1 cup chickpeas or plant protein of choice
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ large cucumber, diced
- ⅓ red onion, minced
- handful olives, pitted and sliced
- pepperoncini (or any pepper) thinly sliced
- cracked black pepper to taste
- (optional) vegan parmesan to finish
- 2 tbsp tahini or cashew butter
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2–1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2–1 tsp onion powder
- water as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) red pepper flakes
- Start by preparing your salad, tossing together or plating ingredients to serve.
- Next, to prepare your dressing, mix together all ingredients in a small bowl, excluding water. You can also blend for a smoother consistency. Add water to thin out as needed, and to your liking. Finish with salt and pepper to taste, and chili flakes if desired. Dress salad to taste and enjoy!
Keywords: salad, main dishes, dressing, sauces, oil free, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, summer recipes