A fun and delicious way to enjoy caprese–Caprese Stuffed Avocados! Vegan, gluten free, paleo, keto friendly with an oil free option.
- ripe avocados (I like to use 1/2 an avocado per person or serving)
- handful cherry tomatoes
- handful fresh basil
- vegan mozzarella to taste (I used miyokos mozzarella)
- salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) evoo drizzle
- (optional) balsamic vinaigrette to top
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and chiffonade fresh basil. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Roll vegan mozzarella into small balls (if desired) and add to bowl along with salt and pepper (and evoo if using) to taste. Toss lightly to cover.
- When ready to serve, slice avocados in half and remove the pit. You can scoop out a little bit of the avocado flesh to make room for more filling. Fill with caprese mixture and top with balsamic vinaigrette if desired.
Keywords: salad, avocado, keto, paleo, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, summer recipes, sides