Try this Vanilla Mint Chip Smoothie Bowl! A delicious, quick and easy breakfast packed with plant protein, greens and healthy fats. Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free.
- 1 frozen banana (make sure it’s super ripe!)
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach*
- fresh mint leaves to taste (I usually use about 3-4, you can also use peppermint extract)
- 1/3–1/2 cup non-dairy milk (add more as needed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/4 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs or dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 serving vanilla plant protein**
- Add all ingredients to blender, except for chocolate chips and cacao nibs. Blend and use a tamper to help ingredients blend, pausing and scraping down sides of blender as needed. If necessary, add additional non-dairy milk in 1/4 cup increments, until a thick, smooth texture is achieved. If you’re going for a sip-able smoothie texture, add as much additional liquid as desired.
- Add cacao nibs or chocolate chips to blender and pulse to incorporate. Avoid blending completely so that some of the texture is retained. Alternatively, stir in cacao nibs or chocolate chips without blending at all, or just top your smoothie bowl with them.
- Finally, add any extra toppings as desired and enjoy!
*Fresh spinach also works, but frozen spinach will add to the thick texture if you have it available! You can also freeze your fresh spinach along with your bananas.
**I like to add this for flavour and also extra creamy/thick texture.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: blending
Keywords: smoothie, breakfast, smoothie bowl, blender, 10 minute meal, summer