A simple, and super Easy Spinach Artichoke Pizza. This quick recipe is vegan, gluten free and can be made oil free.
- 1 1/2 cups light buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cups room temperature water (more as needed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2–3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3–4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- vegan mozzarella (I like this brand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- red chili flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F while you prepare your dough.
- In a mixing bowl, combine buckwheat flour, salt and water. Start by mixing with a spatula and then use your hands to gently knead the dough until it pulls away from the edges of the bowl and is workable. You can add more flour or water as needed to adjust texture.
- Flatten dough on a parchment paper, or baking mat lined baking tray in a pizza shape (or shape of choice) and bake for 5 minutes.
- While your dough is baking, sauté spinach with garlic and artichokes until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top your baked pizza crust after the first bake. Add vegan mozzarella, and return the pizza to the oven (with toppings) for another 10 or so minutes.
- Top with additional salt and pepper as needed, and chili flakes if using. A drizzle of truffle oil also makes a wonderful addition.
*Crust recipe adapted from Simple Vegan Blog
Keywords: pizza, buckwheat, 30 minute meals, dinner, lunch, vegan cheese