A delicious meatless Teriyaki Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry perfect for lunch or dinner. Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free and nut free.
- 3–4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1–2 servings extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch (or cornstarch) + 3 tbsp water
- First, prepare tofu by pan-frying until lightly crisp on the edges. Alternatively, you can air fry or oven bake to crisp as well! Next, blanch broccoli by cooking in boiling water for about 3-4 minutes, then draining and submerging into a bowl of water with ice. Drain again and set aside.
- Now to prepare the sauce, heat all ingredients, whisk and bring to a boil then simmer on low heat for about 3 minutes. If using arrowroot starch, dissolve in water before adding and bringing to a boil.
- Finally, pan fry tofu, broccoli and any other ingredients of choice over medium heat, coating with sauce to taste. When sauce starts to thicken and all ingredients are evenly coated, remove from heat and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: main dishes
- Method: pan frying
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: stir fry, oil free, gluten free, asian, dinner, lunch, tofu, high protein, nut free