These easy to make, 10 ingredient chewy oatmeal raisin cookies are made with simple, wholesome ingredients. Vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free and oil free!
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp aquafaba (chickpea brine, or liquid from canned chickpeas) you can also sub apple sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour (or gluten-free flour of choice)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4–1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F while you prepare your batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond butter, aquafaba, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add rolled oats, and sift in chickpea flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and baking soda. Using a spatula, fold to combine, and make sure oats are evenly coated in mixture. Finally, sprinkle in raisins.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop about 2 tablespoons of the batter onto a nonstick baking sheet. Use damp hands if needed, to lightly form into cookie shapes–they won’t spread tooo much while baking, so you may want to make them into a more circular shape before baking.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until tops are golden brown and edges look slightly crisp. I usually bake mine for about 9 minutes as I like them chewy, and I let them cool (they will continue to bake for a few min after removing from the oven).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
Keywords: dessert, cookies, oatmeal, refined sugar free, oil free, almond butter, 10 ingredient, one bowl