A nutrient dense Kale and White Bean Salad. Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, nut free with an oil free option.
- 6 cups kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 3/4 can of white beans (roughly 10–12 ounces)
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp tahini or 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3–4 tbsp water (to thin, if using tahini)
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients are smooth and incorporated. Add additional water to reach desired consistency.
- In a large serving bowl, massage kale with dressing, then toss in beans, avocado chunks, pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds. Toss again to incorporate. Enjoy immediately!
To prep and serve later, store dressing separately and toss just before enjoying.
Keywords: salad, main dishes, beans, high protein, oil free, nut free, kale