An easy, healthy meal made in 15 minutes or less. This everything bagel crusted tofu sandwich is vegan, gluten free, oil free and nut free.
- roughly 90g extra firm tofu, I used 1 serving Trader Joe’s Organic High Protein Tofu
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2–1 clove garlic, minced
- 1–2 tbsp tahini
- 1–2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning, or black and white sesame seeds
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- radish, thinly sliced
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- Press and pat your tofu slices dry, then slice into two pieces that will fit on your slice of bread. Pan-fry to pre season with a tablespoon of gluten-free soy sauce and minced garlic until golden brown on edges, and sauce is absorbed. Flip to make sure both sides are cooked.
- Lather each slice of tofu with tahini to coat. If tahini is too thick, whisk with just a teaspoon of water at a time until mixture is workable. Then, coat each slice with seasoning mix. I like to sprinkle onto a plate, then press each side of the lathered tofu into seasoning mix. Pan fry battered tofu for a few minutes on each side just to toast!
- Next, toast bread and prepare to assemble sandwich. Mash avocado onto one slice, lay tofu down, followed by radish and microgreens or whatever additional toppings you’re using. Finish with other slice of bread and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: main dishes
- Method: pan frying
Keywords: sandwich, lunch, meal prep, 15 minute meals, tofu, high protein, gluten free, oil free, nut free, vegan