A delicious Double Chocolate Quinoa Granola. Perfect crunch plus a boost of protein! This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, oil free, nut free and refined sugar free.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (hazelnut halves also work really well with chocolate)
- 1/3 cup popped quinoa
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup creamy sunflower butter (Trader Joe’s also has a great one with no added sugar/oil)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3–1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (I like this brand of coconut sugar sweetened chips)
- Preheat oven to 320F while you prepare the granola.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sunflower butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth. Add cacao powder and salt and whisk again.
- Add rolled oats, cashews and popped quinoa then mix with a spatula until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet or nonstick baking mat and spread out evenly. The more spread out, the more evenly the granola will cook.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip or toss granola and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until granola is golden brown. Mine was perfectly cooked at about 25 minutes!
- Once you remove the tray from the oven, sprinkle in vegan chocolate chips. Let melt slightly and toss to form clusters, or let chips remain whole. Let granola cool completely before storing.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
Keywords: granola, breakfast, quinoa, vegan, gluten free, oil free, chocolate, refined sugar free, high protein