Delicious and vibrant Rainbow Tempeh Rolls! These high protein rolls are vegan, gluten free, oil free and grain free.
- 1 package tempeh (usually about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup veggie broth
- 3 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1–2 cloves crushed garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 medium purple cabbage, shredded (roughly 2 cups once shredded)
- 2 large carrots, julienned or matchstick-ed (about 1–2 cups)
- 1 large zucchini, peeled
- peanut sauce or sauce of choice
- chili flakes
- mint or thai basil to top
- Slice tempeh into strips about 1/4 inch thick, and lay down in a pan on medium heat. Add oil or veggie stock if desired. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, garlic, onion and coconut sugar until smooth then pour over tempeh. Make sure all your tempeh is coated in sauce, and let “fry” until lightly golden on each side, adding splashes of veggie broth if the pan gets too dry.
- Peel your zucchini and make long thin strips, they should resemble lasagna noodles. Shred cabbage and prepare carrots and set aside.
- When ready to assemble, take one piece of tempeh, laying it perpendicular to your zucchini strip, then add a handful of purple cabbage, and carrots. Finish with one more strip of tempeh, then roll the zucchini around the ingredients. Lay on a serving plate with the end of the zucchini strip on the bottom, so as to hold it together. Otherwise, you can add a little toothpick to keep it secure.
- Serve with peanut sauce, or sauce of choice. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: main dishes
- Method: sautéing
Keywords: asian, tempeh, bali, indonesian, peanut sauce, low carb, high protein, gluten free, oil free, healthy, entertaining