Flourless “Nutella” Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies that are so delicious you won’t believe they’re healthy! Vegan, gluten-free, oil free, refined sugar free and paleo.
- 1 cup hazelnut butter (can sub for almond butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I recommend this brand of oil-free, refined sugar free chips)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F while you prepare your cookie dough.
- In a large bowl, mix together hazelnut butter and coconut sugar until smooth. Add flax egg, cacao powder, baking powder and vanilla extract and fold gently with a spatula until combined.
- Sprinkle in vegan chocolate chips and hazelnuts, folding in until evenly disributed, then form balls of dough using a cookie scoop (or, approximately 1 1/2 tbsp of dough).
- Place dough onto a lined baking sheet and lightly press down to flatten a bit. Cookies will not spread much when baking. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until tops are golden and edges slightly crisp. Let cool and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
Keywords: cookies, paleo, flourless, dessert, nutella, chocolate, hazelnut, nuts, vegan, gluten free