A hearty three mushroom quinoa soup. Healthy, vegan, gluten free, oil free and packed with umami mushroom flavour and protein.
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms of choice (I used shimeji, oyster and white button mushrooms)
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 2–3 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme, stem removed
- 2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour (or use corn starch)
- 2–3 cups vegetable broth, or mushroom broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1–2 cups cooked quinoa or other grain of choice
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic with a splash of veggie broth, or oil, until fragrant. Add herbs, soy sauce, mushrooms, and sauté until aromatic.
- Next add arrowroot flour and toss to coat, until flour disappears.
- Add veggie broth and bring to a boil. Cover and let cook on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, add coconut milk and quinoa, and seasonings to taste. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes, Sides
- Method: Boiling
Keywords: soups, winter, high protein, dinner, oil free, gluten free, vegan, mushroom, one pot