A healthy and delicious Asparagus Zucchini Soup. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, oil free, paleo, whole 30 and meal prep friendly.
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2–3 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp dried onion powder
- 2–3 tsp all purpose seasoning of choice (I like this mushoom spice blend)
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 3 cups veggie broth
- salt and pepper, to taste (I really recommend using white pepper for this recipe!)
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- dairy-free yogurt
- chives or sunflower sprouts for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté shallot, garlic, thyme and other spices until fragrant. Shallots should be translucent and lightly golden. Use oil or veggie broth as needed to avoid sticking + burning.
- Add asparagus and zucchini (and cashews if using) to the pot and continue to sauté for about 1-2 minutes. Try not to overcook as you’ll lose some of the vibrant colour!
- Next add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, and allow to cook, covered for about 5-8 minutes or until all veggies are fork-tender.
- Transfer everything into a high speed blender or use a hand blender to pulse until smooth. I like to blend completely, but you can pulse until desired texture is reached if you prefer a chunkier soup. Taste the soup and add additional salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with sprouts, chives, dairy free yogurt or a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!
*Instead of zucchini, you can instead use potato or summer squash. Cauliflower may also work well.
Keywords: soup, winter, paleo, whole 30, dinner, oil free, blender, low carb