A delicious raw vegan berry cheesecake recipe, requiring no baking whatsoever. Healthy, vegan, gluten-free, oil free and refined sugar free.
- 3/4 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup almonds, or 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 2–3 hours, or overnight
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup, or ¼ cup pitted soft medjool dates (if using dates, you may like to soak them beforehand to soften)
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup mixed berries of choice
- Prepare cashews by soaking for at least 3 hours, orovernight. Leave out on the counter in a cool dry place. Strain and rinse before using.
- Prep a 9”x5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
- To create crust layer, combine cashews, dates and almonds in a food processor, pulsing until ingredients break down and form a dough-like consistency. Transfer to the bottom of your pan and press down, to form an even crust.
- Next, add soaked cashews, lemon juice, vanilla, maple syrup or dates, coconut milk and salt to a high speed blender. Blend until completely smooth, scraping down sides to make sure everything is blended evenly. Mixture should be smooth and pourable, like a pancake batter.
- Pour half of the blended mixture over top of the crust layer. Tap the loaf pan on a hard surface to remove air bubbles, and flatten out the surface. Chill in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- With the remaining blended mixture, add berries of choice and blend again. You’ll get a beautiful berry colour and flavour. Pour this mixture over top of the first 2 layers, and swirl with a toothpick or knife if desired.
- Freeze for about 3 hours, or until fully firm, ideally overnight. For best results, allow to thaw for about 5 minutes before slicing into squares.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: desserts
- Method: blending
Keywords: raw vegan, cheesecake, oil free, refined sugar free, healthy, desserts, no bake