A 2 ingredient recipe for homemade crispy lotus root chips! This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, oil free and refined sugar free.
- 1 10″ long lotus root
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- pinch sea salt
optional other seasonings
- togarashi spice blend
- cajun seasoning
- old bay
- lemon pepper
- whatever else your heart desires!
- Prepare lotus root by peeling skin with a peeler. Slice evenly into 1/8″ pieces and place slices into a large mixing bowl.
- Add spices to the bowl and toss to coat. The moisture from the slices should hold spices well.
- Transfer slices onto a baking mat or parchment lined baking tray, laying flat and leaving space between each slice.
- Bake at 325F for about 25 minutes. Flip, and bake an additional 5 minutes, or as needed until crisp. I personally had best results baking for 25 minutes, then flipping and turning off the heat but allowing slices to sit until the oven cooled (they will continue to cook this way). Alternatively, you can make in the microwave following this method, or airfry them.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: snacks
- Method: baking
Keywords: snacks, lotus root, asian, japanese, chips, fat free, vegan, gluten free, oil free