A creamy 10 minute pumpkin tahini pasta recipe made with only 8 ingredients. Vegan, gluten free, high protein, oil free.
- 8oz pasta of choice (I used this chickpea based spaghetti)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup tahini (preferably with no added ingredients)
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4–5 sage leaves
- 2–3 tbsp vegan parmesan, or nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2–1 cup vegan mylk or water at room temperature
- salt + pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box, and begin to prep your sauce.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin purée and tahini. Pour into a small sauce pan and bring to a low simmer. Once sauce begins to simmer, add garlic or garlic powder and continuously stir.
- Smack sage leaves between your palms, and finely slice into thin ribbons. Add to the sauce and stir.
- Next add vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast flakes and stir to combine.
- Finally add vegan mylk or water in 1/4 cup increments until you’re happy with the thickness of the sauce. Taste, and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Toss cooked pasta into sauce, and stir to coat. Serve and top with an additional garnish of sage, parmesan or nutritional yeast and salt and pepper. Best enjoyed immediately.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: main dishes
- Method: boiling
Keywords: pasta, pumpkin, tahini, oil free, gluten free, high protein, main dishes, dinner