Healthy chocolate chip chickpea blondies that make for a great snack or dessert. Rich in plant protein, these bars are vegan, gluten-free, oil free, and refined sugar free.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas*
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter (can sub with another nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/3–1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water (stir and let sit until thickened)
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (sugar free option/oil free option)
- Preheat your oven to 350F while you prepare your blondie batter.
- Add chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking soda and cinnamon to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Next add flax egg, and rolled oat and pulse to combine. At this point, you can give your batter a taste to check that sweetness is to your liking.
- Stir in vegan chocolate chips and transfer batter to a parchment paper lined baking pan. Use the back of a spatula to evenly flatten out the batter, and smooth the top of your blondies.
- Bake for roughly 20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and use a toothpick to test whether the inside is cooked through. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes as needed.
- Let cool before cutting, and enjoy!
*if using canned chickpeas, unsalted chickpeas in water will be your best bet. optionally, you can remove the skin of the chickpeas for a smoother result.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
Keywords: chickpeas, healthy baking, blondies, chocolate chip, desserts, vegan, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free