The perfect combination of creamy vegan white chocolate and rich, buttery, macadamia nuts create a chewy, decadent cookie that tastes too good to be healthy! Oh, but it is. It’s vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free and oil free. Featuring an optional, homemade vegan white chocolate option.
- 1 1/2 cups fine oat flour
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup vegan white chocolate chips OR..
Vegan White Chocolate
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 2–3 tsp maple syrup
- 2–3 tsp almond butter
- Start by prepping your vegan white chocolate, by chopping cacao butter into small pieces, and melting, double boiler style. Boil water in a small sauce pan, and place a heat-safe bowl on top of that, to melt the cacao butter without directly putting it in contact with heat. As it melts, add in maple syrup, and almond butter, and whisk until completely smooth. Remove from heat, and transfer into a small ramekin, greased, or lined with parchment paper. Allow to cool, or place in the fridge or freezer until solid/firm. Once solid, remove and chop into small chip sized pieces, or chunks!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F to make cookie base.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Sift in remaining dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until combined. Mixture should be a slightly sticky cookie dough texture.
Add in macadamia nuts (and storebought white chips if using) and roll batter into tablespoon sized balls of dough. Place on baking sheet, lightly pressing down to form into cookie shapes. If batter is sticky, use slightly damp hands.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, until they are starting to firm up around the edges.
Remove from the oven, press in small chunks of white chocolate, and allow cookies to cool completely. (I know this is an odd backwards process, but baking with the homemade vegan white chocolate will melt it down a little too much, so I recommend doing it this way).
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
Keywords: white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, vegan white chocolate, wfpb, baking, desserts, cacao butter