A healthy, gluten-free bibimbap with a base of quinoa and a gluten-free sauce!
- 2 serving of cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup soybean beansprouts
- 1–2 cups mushrooms of choice (I love using shimeji mushrooms or shiitake)
- additional veggies as desired
- toasted sesame oil or garlic to season
- 1/4 cup gluten-free gochujang
- 2 tbsp tamari, coconut aminos or other gluten-free soy sauce alternative
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice (I use coconut nectar)
- 2 tsp minced or grated garlic
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- handful of sesame seeds
- water as needed to thin
- 1–2 tsp toasted sesame oil (optional)
- Begin by preparing your veggies. Steam spinach, carrots, zucchini and beansprouts, strain and toss with a little toasted sesame oil for a traditional result OR water sauté with a little garlic and soy sauce alternative or salt for oil-free. Sauté your mushrooms with a little bit of soy sauce alternative of choice until cooked through.
- Prepare sauce by whisking together all ingredients until smooth. Easy peasy!
- To serve, add quinoa to a bowl and top with your seasoned veggies. For garnish, you can add spring onion, seaweed strips, and extra sesame seeds as desired.