A mildly sweet matcha cookie with a snap, made with healthy fats and good for you ingredients. Vegan, gluten-free, oil free and refined sugar free. Perfect for spring and kid friendly too.
- 1 + 1/3 cup gluten free oat flour (I recommend using finely ground oat flour for best results)
- 1/2 cup runny tahini, or nut/seed butter of choice
- 1/3–1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2–3 tsp matcha powder
- more oat flour to roll dough as needed
- Preheat your oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, combine maple syrup, tahini and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Sift in oat flour, baking powder and matcha powder and use a spatula to mix.
- Mix until a dough forms. It should be moist, not sticky, and easily rollable. Add additional oat flour as needed and roll out on parchment paper.
- Roll dough about 1/4 inch in thickness and using a cookie cutter, cut out your desired shapes. Use excess edge dough and re-roll to continue until all the dough is cut.
- Bake for approximately 5-6 min, keeping in mind the cookies will firm up after baking. Keep an eye on them to make sure they do not burn and remove from oven to a cooling rack to avoid burning. Let cool completely.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
Keywords: tahini, healthy desserts, cookies, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free, matcha, cookies, vegan