Yes you CAN have muffins for breakfast! Here’s a quick and healthy blueberry breakfast muffin recipe perfect for meal prep or on the go breakfasts. It’s vegan, gluten-free, oil free and refined sugar free.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour, cassava flour (or use all oat flour)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F while you prep the batter.
- Sift and whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Add wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until smooth. Add blueberries and walnuts and stir to combine.
- Spoon batter into muffin liner cups, leaving about a centimeter of space at the top of the cup.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown. You can check to see whether the muffins are finished by poking a toothpick into the center of the muffin. When the toothpick comes out clean, they’re ready!
- Allow for muffins to cool completely before freezing (if saving leftovers).
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: baked goods
- Method: baking
Keywords: breakfast, blueberry muffin, muffin, baked goods, healthy baking, healthy desserts, vegan breakfast, vegan, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free, plant based, dairy free