A delicious vegan stuffed shell recipe in a creamy tomato sauce. Vegan, gluten-free, oil free and refined sugar free. Easy to make and versatile!
- 8 oz Jumbo Gluten-Free Pasta Shells or 8oz pasta of choice
- marinara sauce (I used about 12 oz total)
- 1/4 cup Cashew Cream or 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup zucchini, diced finely
- 1 cup squash, diced finely
- 1 cup white beans
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1–2 tsp salt, to taste
- crack of black pepper
- vegan parmesan to top
- nutritional yeast
- other spices of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees if baking this dish.
- Prepare your pasta shells according to package, and set aside in a colander until ready to use.
- In a pan, sauté onion until fragrant and slightly caramelized. Use veggie broth or oil as preferred. Next add garlic and sauté another few minutes until fragrant. Add herbs and seasonings and mix with a spatula.
- It should smell pretty amazing at this point, but go ahead and add your zucchini, squash and beans to the pan and let it cook down for about 2-5 minutes. Remove filling from the pan and transfer to a large bowl.
- Next prepare your sauce by adding marinara to the same pan, or small saucepan until it reaches a simmer. Lower the heat, stir in cashew cream and stir until combined. You may also add additional herbs as you’d like.
- Transfer the sauce to your baking dish, adding a generous layer to the dish.
- Stuff each pasta shell with filling, and lay down in the sauce. Top with cracked pepper, additional sauce and additional ingredients as desired, and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or so.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: pasta
- Method: baking
Keywords: pasta, stuffed shells, gluten free pasta, gluten free, vegan, plant based, dairy free, oil free, refined sugar free, healthy