Healthy but decadent Molten Chocolate Chip Cookie Jars. The perfect dessert to enjoy with a dollop of vegan ice cream on top and eaten with a spoon.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour (or rice flour, or all oat flour if desired)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (I used this unsweetened, oil free brand, feel free to use cacao nibs, or this coconut sugar sweetened, oil free vegan chocolate broken into chunks).
- Preheat your oven to 350F while you prepare your jars.
- In a bowl, combine oat flour, almond flour baking soda and salt and whisk until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with a spatula until a dough forms.
- Transfer your dough into 3 or 4 glass jars, filling until the jar is about 1/2 to 3/4 full–leaving a little room at the top.
- Bake the jars for about 10-15 minutes, or until the top of the jar is baked and golden brown. You can bake further if you prefer the cookie less molten, or less if you like it gooey-er.
Because this recipe contains no animal ingredients (e.g. eggs), it is completely safe to enjoy without fear of it being “raw”. That means, bake, or underbake this as much as you’d like! The less you bake, the more molten, and the more you bake, the more cookie like. I highly recommend enjoying hot and fresh for best results (and with a scoop of ice cream!).
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: baking, cookies, cookie jars, dessert, healthy, chocolate chip cookie, vegan, gluten free, oil free