An easy and quick but healthy and nutritious sheet pan meal. A nourishing dish made with a balanced combination of plant protein, carbs and lots of flavour.
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cups sweet potatoes (about 3–4 small potatoes)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cups white potato, diced
- 2–3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 400F while you prepare your veggies.
- Dice your veggies into 1-inch cubes, and add into a large mixing bowl along with spices. Toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer veggies to a parchment paper lined baking tray, or a nonstick silicon baking mat, and roast for about 20 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until veggies are fork tender.
- Sweet potato can be swapped out for butternut squash, pumpkin, or other root vegetable.
- Chickpeas can be swapped out for beans of choice.
- White potato can be swapped out for cauliflower.
- Other spice blend recommendations include chipotle (add chipotle powder and additional garlic powder), curry (add garam masala, cumin, turmeric, or favourite curry spices) etc.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: roasting
Keywords: sheet pan, easy dinner, vegan dinner, vegan, healthy, gluten free, oil free, fat free, low fat