A healthy take on a takeout classic–stir fried noodles! This is an oil free, gluten free and vegan version that will satisfy your noodle cravings, get your veggies in and nourish you.
- 1/4 cup tamari, coconut aminos, liquid aminos (can use soy sauce if you can eat gluten!)
- 4 tbsp water or veggie broth
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup (if using coconut aminos, I recommend 2, as it can be a bit sweet naturally)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger, or 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
- (optional) teaspoon tahini
- 2–3 cups cooked noodles of choice
- 1/4 cup veggie broth, more as needed
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup shredded cabbage (purple or green)
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4oz tempeh (roughly 1/3–1/2 pack tempeh) cooked your favourite way
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced spring onion
- In a small bowl, prepare sauce by whisking together all sauce ingredients until smooth. Cook over medium heat until incorporated and arrowroot allows mixture to slightly thicken. Set aside.
- Begin by sautéing veg in a large frying pan over medium heat, adding veggie broth when needed, until colour is vibrant and veggies begin to soften. Add garlic and ginger and fry until fragrant.
- While the veg is cooking, go ahead and prepare your noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add sauce to the veggies in the pan, and cook for a few more minutes. When noodles are ready, add and toss to coat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: main dishes
- Method: pan frying
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: stir fry, noodles, vegan, gluten free, oil free, healthy, asian