An easy, healthy snack. Chocolate chip bliss balls made nut free, vegan, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free and delicious! School friendly and meal-prep friendly, made with only 3 ingredients.
- 1 cup rolled oats*
- 10–12 soft medjool dates
- 2–3 tbsp cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- if needed, coconut oil or seed butter to bind
- Before beginning, make sure medjool dates are soft and workable. Letting dates sit out at room temp will help. If your dates feel dry, consider soaking dates in hot water for half an hour or so. Before using, drain well.
- In a food processor, combine rolled oats (add this ingredient first!), pitted dates and vanilla and salt if using. Pulse until a dough begins to form and ingredients begin to break down and stick together.
- Sprinkle in cacao nibs or chocolate chips and pulse 2-3 times to distribute evenly.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and roll tablespoons of dough into small balls.
If you need an alternative, you can experiment with an alternative “dry” ingredient such as coconut flakes, seeds if you aren’t allergic, etc. however texture and quantities will vary.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins