Easy and super healthy Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes. Gluten-free, oil free, refined sugar free, low fat, nut free, soy free and most importantly, delicious!
- 1 large very ripe banana (brown and spotty!)
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats (be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if needed)
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- Add rolled oats to blender and blend until a fine flour forms. Sift through a sieve to get rid of any chunks. The finer the better! Add to a large mixing bowl. If using baking powder and ground flax, add that to the bowl and whisk.
- Add your ripe banana, non-dairy milk and vanilla + maple syrup (if using) to the blender and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Pour your blended ingredients into the bowl and mix with a spatula until incorporated and smooth. You’ll want to work quickly as the batter tends to thicken up as it sits.
- Heat the pan, and test with a little batter (it should sizzle) before cooking pancakes. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan, spread with the back of a spoon to form a circle and thin out the batter. When bubbles form on the top of the pancake surface and edges start to cook, flip pancake and cook for an additional minute or so.
Keywords: pancake, gluten free, oil free, whole food plant based, healthy breakfast, healthy, refined sugar free, vegan, plant based, dairy free, nut free, soy free